..

Tuesday

Team Fortress 2

These days I'm beginning to lean more towards the future purchase of a PS3. I'm not insane or rich, therefore this purchase won't take place until maybe AFTER Christmas. That's a tall order, considering I love playing Vgames.

I'm told this to many people before, so I'll repeat myself - while I DO consider myself a "gamer" - I'm actually not very skilled at any particular game. I'm pretty much below average I think... but I couldn't care less, that's why there's "EASY MODE."

Why a PS3? Well, you're right among all the new "next-gen" consoles, this one is probably the one who gets the most frowns. But once considered, it pretty much matches the 360 in graphics, it plays Blu-Ray and since I really don't much concern myself with online play (like I said, I suck, so why would I want to go up against REAL gamers? - then the 360 edge doesn't really appeal to me.

The 360 is actually very very enticing to me right now, I've played it and it actually has some pretty choice titles... among them: DEAD RISING and GEARS OF WAR - are perhaps the ones I have the most interest in. I've seen the machine in action, and I must say, I'm very impressed by it.

The Wii has been my choice for the longest time, but if we put this into consideration... I can still play my gamecube games on my cube. The people I would play it with, ALREADY have a Wii - so in reality I need to buy myself a Wii controller - so as to store my Mii and all that jazz. And let's not forget, most of the Wii's awesome games are multi-player, since I need other people to play it with, I might as well visit the people that have the Wii and play it there. No? After all, most Mario party nights took place at my apartment, I guess it's time for me to drive to THEIR place now. And yes, it's OH SO FUN.

But prey tell, what makes me want a PS3 then? The games... I like my game title franchises... GOD OF WAR 3 is for Sony, GTA is for both the 360 and PS3 so all is well. And then there's TEAM FORTRESS 2 - this game looks sweeeeet!!!



Add to that, that it plays my PS2 titles - and why not wait, all the good titles are coming out the end of the year. So the plan is: wait it out, wait for an "elite" version of the damn machine. Hey, I'm patient... I can wait it out. No problem. I still have a few titles on the PS2 to beat. So the repertoire is not over yet.

Aaaaah... the sweet sweet smell of HD gaming.

Labels: , ,


..